Hello John,
I just had an exam, and a part of the exam was translating Chinese into English.
My question is I have no idea how well I had done in my text because there are so many different ways to translate one Chinese sentence into the English (at least I think so). I am wondering what the standard is . In other word, how do teachers grade them. What do you think about the answers below?
Thanks a zillion !!!!!
1 动物一直都是人类最好的朋友.
Animals have always been human’s best friend.
2把这本小说看完至少需要三天时间.
It requires at least three days to finish reading this novel.
3尽管我复习了这些课文,我还是记不住这些单词.
Although I restudied these essays, I still can’t remember the meanings of these words.
4虽然天气很热,我妈妈坚持要到火车站来接我.
Though it’s very hot outside, my mom made up her mind to pick me up at the train station.
5学校的规章制度不仅适用于学生也适用于老师.
The school policy isn’t only obeyed by students, also by teachers.
6我们十分尊敬他, 但我们不同意他的关于市场经济的观点.
Even though we respect him very much, we don’t agree with his points on open market economy.
7周末那些孩子总是有许多家庭做业要做.
There always has been so much homework for those kids to do on weekends.
8上个月许多大学生都参加了这个保护环境的活动.
A lot of university students participated in an event for protecting the environment.
9我认为那样对待朋友是不对的.
I don’t think the way you treat your friend is right.
10我找到那本书后才打电话给他.
I called him after I found the book.
[